DIG (Rtd) Sani Mohammed, MNI, returns to the Nigeria Chess Federation as President on a third term ticket.
All candidates in the Nigeria Chess Federation Presidential race have reached a consensus to adopt without a vote the candidacy of DIG (Rtd) Sani Mohammed, MNI, as President of the Nigeria Chess Federation for the next four years.
Also, Prince Adeyinka Adewole (former CPAN President) is the newly elected Vice President of the Nigeria Chess Federation. The board members’ electors gave Adewole a majority of 9 votes to Apemiye’s 3.
Other new members that constitute the Nigeria chess federation board are as follows:
- South East Representative—Dr. MacDonald Onyekwere
- South South Representative—Mr. Austin Apemiye
- North East Representative—Engr. Mohammed Bawa
- North West Representative—Mr. Ademola Alli
- Nigeria Association of Women In Sports Representative—Mrs. Mabel Akintoye
- Nigeria Association of Physical & Health Education Recreation Representative—Dr. Alh. Bode Durotoye
- Arbiter’s Representative— Mr. Eugene Akhiwu
- Player’s Representative—IM Odion Aikhoje
- Institution Representative—Mr. Segun Akinbiyi
- International Representative—Mr. Lekan Adeyemi
- Sponsor’s Representative—Tunde Ajibutu
These board members will serve a four-year term starting in October 2021.
Congratulations to the new board members of the Nigeria Chess Federation.